Event: Riding - Hollins at Randolph college IHSA (Lynchburg, VA)
The lead: The third fall event on the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) calendar for Hollins was a trip to Randolph College. Hollins finished runner-up to the host WildCats, bringing home Reserve Champion honors.
- Randolph (34) - Champion
- Hollins (31) - Reserve Champion
- Bridgewater (30)
- UVa (25)
- JMU (16)
- 6-8 tie (15) University of Lynchburg, Roanoke, Washington and Lee
How it happened: Hollins bested Bridgewater College by just a single point to finish runner-up to Randolph. In the individual disciplines, Hollins earned three first, a pair of second, and a third place ribbon. In addition to the top three finishes, Hollins saw five riders secure fourth place points.
- Kaitlyn Okin earned two first place ribbons as well as being named High Point Rider. Okin won Novice Hunter Seat Equitation on the Flat and over Fences
- In Open Hunter Seat, Caitlyn Sheffer brought home two ribbons, a first on the Flat and a runner-up finish over Fences
- Alex Sanchez earned Hollins other runner-up ribbon when she finished second in Walk Trot Hunter Seat Equitation
- Hollins other top three finish was earned by Madeleine Lohr in Open Hunter Seat Equitation over Fences
What's next: Hollin final fall event is scheduled for next Saturday when they travel back to the Hill City when they compete at the IHSA show hosted by the University of Lynchburg.