Event: Riding - Hollins at Spring IHSA event hosted by the University of Lynchburg (Lynchburg, VA)
The lead: After a third place effort in front of Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) founder Bob Cacchione at home on Saturday, Hollins traveled to Lynchburg for a spring show, competing in an eight school field. The riders would improve on their previous day's finish with a runner-up effort, finishing only behind Bridgewater College.
- Bridgewater - 47
- Hollins - 36
- Randolph - 28
- James Madison - 28
- University of Virginia - 26
- Washington and Lee - 22
- Lynchburg - 20
- Roanoke - 13
How it happened: A trio of Hollins riders would earn individual first place finishes, with one winning a three-way ride-off for Reserve High Point Rider honors. The team would add a pair of runner-up efforts en route to being named Reserve Champion. Bridgewater College would take the win with Randolph College and James Madison finishing in a third place tie.
- After a ride-off, Caitlyn Sheffer would be named Reserve High Point Rider. Sheffer won a bue ribbon in Open Hunter Seat Equitation over Fences and a fourth place effort on the Flat
- Kaitlyn Okin would duplicate that result with a first in Novice Seat Hunter Equitation on the Flat and a fourth over Fences
- A third first place finish would belong to Logan Landfried in Intermediate Hunter Seat Equitation over Fences, her third blue ribbon in Hollins last four events
- Katelyn Mosmiller (Novice Hunter Seat Equitation over Fences) and Sarah Grace Himes (Walk-Trot Hunter Seat Equitation) each would claim runner-up finishes
What's next: Hollins will host their Champion Cup/Spring Welcome Show on March 2nd before returning to IHSA action.