Event: Basketball - Randolph at Hollins (Roanoke, VA)
The lead: The Hollins basketball team played the first of three consecutive Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) home games on Monday night when they welcomed Randolph College. Hollins would enjoy their best shooting night of the conference schedule en route to a double digit win.
The result: Hollins 65-52
How it happened: The WildCats would score the night's first basket on an offensive rebound. Hollins would respond with an 11-0 run to seize control of a first half that would see the Green and Gold would shoot 48%, including 45% from the three point line while recording an assist on 12 of their 13 made field goals. At the break, Hollins had held Randolph to just 19 points and took a 14 point advantage into the half. The third quarter would see the Cats heat up from beyond the arc, 3-7, and cut the Hollins lead to just a single hoop heading into the fourth. When Hollins needed it the most, Keenan Surles nailed a three pointer to push their advantage to five as Hollins would explode for 27 points in the final 10 minutes. In the end, Hollins would pick up her second ODAC win of the season and Coach Emilee Dunton her first win over her alma mater.
- All five Hollins starters scored double-digits
- ODAC's leading rebounder, Keyazia Taylor had a game high 11 boards
- Sally Sroge was a perfect 8-8 from the free throw line, earning game high honors with 17 points
- Kayla Surles had 13 points, seven rebounds, six assists, and a blocked shot while Yasmine Tyler added 12 points, six rebounds, and four assists
- After going 0-10 in the first half, Mikayla Sink scored 17 second half points
- DJ Jackson and Kayln Banks came into the game each average 15.6 points per game, Hollins held the duo to just 18 points
- Point guard Yanessa Cabrera had 10 points, four assists, and four steals
What's next: Hollins will play host to ODAC leading Guilford College on Wednesday night at 7:00pm.