Event: Soccer - Hollins at St. Elizabeth (Morristown, NJ)
The lead: The Hollins soccer team boarded a bus to head north in advance of any potential bad weather from Hurricane Florence. The first stop on a weekend road trip was in New Jersey to face The College of St. Elizabeth on Friday evening.
The result: St. Elizabeth 1-0
How it happened: Neither team got much going during the first half. Only one shot was on target for either team, however, that one shot found the back of the Hollins net with just over five minutes left before the break. The second half would see each team attempt six shots but none would beat the respective keepers and Hollins fell, 1-0.
- Madisen Charles attempted four of the team's seven total shots
- Caylin Smith and MacKenzie Roberts each had scoring chances in the second half, both shots were saved
- In goal, Kendra Rich gave up one goal while recording four saves
College of St. Elizabeth notes:
- Carissa Kirkland scored the game's lone goal before receiving a pair of yellow cards in the second half. It was Kirkland's second game winning goal of the season
- Taylor Veve had the game's lone assist
- Keturah Cohen earned her second win of the season and registered two saves
What's next: Hollins will spend Saturday in New York City before heading to Brooklyn for a game with York College on Sunday morning.