Event: Soccer - William Peace at Hollins (Roanoke, VA)
The lead: After picking up their second consecutive win over arch rival Sweet Briar, Hollins returned home to host William Peace in their final non-conference match before the Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) schedule begins in earnest.
The result: William Peace University 6-0
How it happened: Hollins looked to build on the momentum they gained with the win over the Vixens. However, William Peace would break open a closely played opening when the Pacers struck for a pair of scores. After two goals in less than a minute, Hollins got back on defense and made it tough on their guests. With much of the match played in the Hollins zone, the Pacers pressure was too much and William Peace would lead, 4-0, at the break. The second half would be similar to the first with the Pacers out-shooting the Green and Gold, 26-2, on the afternoon. A pair of second half goals would see the road team pick up the, 6-0, win.
- Keeper Kendra Rich went the distance in net, registering seven saves
- Madisen Charles attempted both Hollins shots, one in each half
- It was Hollins first match against the Pacers since September 6, 2014
William Peace notes:
- Grace Marion and Alyssa Gasperini each netted two scores
- The Pacers had three assists on their six goals
- Makenzie Jones recorded two saves in the shut-out
What's next: Hollins will see ODAC competition on Berkely Field for the first time in 2018 when they play host to Guilford College on Saturday afternoon.