Event: Soccer - Hollins at Eastern Mennonite (Harrisonburg, VA)
The lead: On their trip to Harrisonburg to face Eastern Mennonite, the Hollins soccer team got off to a rocky start when they had transportation issues in route and forced a delay in the start of the matchup with the Royals.
The result: Eastern Mennonite 6-0
How it happened: After arriving late from a blown tire on the road, Hollins struggled to get started against the home standing Royals. Eastern Mennonite broke the scoreless tie at the 17:00 minute mark when they netted a chip shot to take the lead. The score would not change until the final stages of the first half when another of the Royal's 21 shots found the back of the net for a 2-0 advantage at the break. That momentum would lead to another early second half goal to put the game away as EMU would cruise to a 6-0 Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) win.
- Kendra Rich and Madisen Charles split time in net and combined for 18 saves
- Hollins would struggle offensively and were held shotless for the night
- For the second time this season, Hollins would allow a penalty shot goal
Eastern Mennonite notes:
- Rachel Sauder put the game out of reach with a pair of early second half scores
- The Royals out-shot their guests by 43 shots
- Leah Wenger went the distance in goal for her fourth win of the season
What's next: Hollins will play their second consecutive ODAC road match when they travel to Emory & Henry for a night game (7:00pm) on Wednesday night.