The event: Swimming - Hollins at the Yellow Jacket Invitational (Ashland, VA)
The lead: The Hollins swim team wrapped up the first semester in the pool when the (two day) Yellow Jacket Invitational, hosted by Randolph-Macon College, came to a close late Saturday night. Hollins would finish the event in eighth place, swimming against very good competition from the region.
- Randolph-Macon 1563
- Catholic University of America 1561
- Washington College 1161
- Barton College 1125
- St. Mary's of Maryland 1034
- Marymount University 551
- Bridgewater 484
- Hollins 185
How it happened: The event consisted of 17 different events, four relay and 13 individual swims. Hollins would post solid times during the two days of, invitational style, competition. The Green and Gold would see their best relay finish come in the 800 Freestyle Relay while their best individual finish would be in the 100 Breaststroke.
- The relay team of Hanna DeVarona, Emily Miehlke, Maya Schattgen, and Molly Sullivan posted a time of 8:51.57 in the 800 Freestyle Relay, out-touching the team from Bridgewater by just over a half second
- DeVarona posted Hollins best two individual finishes. 1:1047 in the 100 Breaststroke was 6th best while she returned later to record an 11th place effort in the 200 Breaststroke
- Schattgen, 100 Butterfly, and Sullivan, 400 Individual Medley, also earned top 20 finishes
What's next: Hollins will train until they take a break for the holidays and be back in action in mid-January when they face Randolph College in a dual meet.