Event: 2019 ODAC Equistrian Championships hosted by Bridgewater College (Bridgewater, Va.)
The lead: After completing their Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) regular season, the Hollins riders took aim at yet another Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) Championship. Hollins last claimed the conference crown in 2017 and looked at add Championship number 22 to their collection.
- Sweet Briar - 17
- Hollins - 16
- Randolph - 14
- Bridgewater - 8
- Washington and Lee - 7
- Univ. of Lynchburg - 4
How it happened: After the opening session, Hollins found themselves in third place with four points. The riders began to climb the standings with a second place effort in the middle session, bringing their point total to nine and moving to within three points of leading Sweet Briar. The Vixens had moved past Randolph College to take the lead into the third, and final session of the Championships. Hollins would win the finale and come just one point from catching their rivals.
- Hollins saw the Vixens turn the tables by the exact 17-16 final total that saw Hollins win the Championship in 2017
- Two riders would finish in the top 10, earning All ODAC honors
- First-year rider Caitlyn Sheffer completed her successful rookie year with a sixth place finish
- Sophomore Logan Landfried competed in her second consecutive conference Championship and earned a ninth place finish to be named All ODAC
- Katelyn Mosmiller (11th) and Madeleine Lohr (13th) rounded out the Hollins ODAC lineup
What's next: Sheffer will represent Hollins at the IHSA National Show in Open Flat. The championships will be held in Syracuse, NY on May 2nd.