The event: Basketball - Hollins at Central Penn (Manheim, PA)
The lead: The Hollins basketball team took to the road after exams to play a pair of pre-break games in Pennsylvania. Their first stop was a visit to Central Penn for a Thursday night matchup. The Knights led early, but a huge second quarter allowed Hollins to pull away for the double digit non-conference victory.
The result: Hollins 62-51
How it happened: The weather and long road trip saw Hollins get off to a slow start against the Knights. Central Penn would take a 17-5 advantage in the first four plus minutes of play. However, the Green and Gold got their legs and started to seize control of the game. Hollins closed the quarter on an 11-1 surge to trail by a single bucket, 18-16. The Knights could not stop the Hollins run as the visitors would take the second frame, 22-5, and enjoy a double-digit advantage at the break. 44% from the field, including over 41% from long range, would allow Hollins to keep the lead throughout the second half and pick up her third win of the season.
- Hollins bench out-scored the Knights 12-4
- Yasmine Tyler led Hollins in points (15) and rebounds (7)
- Sally Sroge played all 40 minutes, hitting 6-14 shots for 13 points
- The team had a season low six turnovers
Central Penn notes:
- The Knights enjoyed a 37-25 advantage on the glass
- Ja'Lynn Burton-Jones and Leana Borelli scored 32 of the team's 52 points
- Central Penn made just one of their six attempts from the three point line
What's next: Hollins will stay the night in the Keystone state before playing Wilson College tomorrow night in Chambersburg.