ROANOKE, Va. -- The Hollins volleyball team continued their ODAC schedule on Saturday with a tri-match.
In the first match of the day, Hollins knocked off Shenandoah University with a 3-0 sweep before being taken down by Randolph College 3-0 in the last match of the day.
Prior to the start of the first matchup against Shenandoah, Hollins (11-7, 1-3 ODAC) celebrated its seniors. Then, the team went out and did something the seniors had never done…beat Shenandoah. Hollins swept the Hornets 3-0 (25-20, 25-19, 31-29) en route to their fifth straight win.
- Hannah Arthur finished with a match-high 14 kills to lead the Hollins offensive charge.
- Tyler Sesker added 10 kills, her third double digit kill match on the season. She also hit .367 for the match.
- Casey Mahan was tops in assists for HU with 22. Zoe Brooks chipped in 13.
- Hollins had 10 assisted blocks for the match.
- Hannah Piatak's 18 digs led the defense while Kenna Esquibel had 15.
HU (11-8, 1-4 ODAC) couldn't carry the momentum from the morning's win over to the evening, as Randolph beat Hollins 3-0 (25-21, 25-18, 25-16).
No Hollins player had double digit kills as the Wildcat defense had 53 digs and forced 25 errors. Arthur and Kenna Esquibel each had nine kills to lead the Green and Gold. Brooks (14) and Mahan (13) combined for 27 assists
Defensively, Randolph seemed to hit around the Hollins heights as HU only managed one block on the night.
Hollins will hit the road on Tuesday for an ODAC matchup with Ferrum. First serve is scheduled for 7 pm.